What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
The Career Mentor team is the fastest growing at Pathrise. With curriculum developed by ex-technical recruiters, we are looking for mission-driven and hard-working career educators to join our awesome team of Career Mentors.
As a Career Mentor, you will be responsible for fellows' success by helping our job seekers develop their soft skills and personal brand through a variety of workshops and 1-on-1 mentoring sessions. You will work cross-functionally with technical mentors, our product team, and operations to promote engagement, process improvements, and data tracking.
- Act as the main mentor for 45 fellows at a time assisting them from resume prep all the way up to negotiation
- Provide 1-on-1 support to job seekers in the tech space (product, software engineering, design, data, and marketing)
- Support fellows with resume writing, application strategies, behavioral mock interviewing and negotiation
- Responsible for reaching fellow retention and placement performance metrics (KPIs) through strategic initiatives such as promoting the value of the program to fellows in free trial.
- Conduct weekly check-ins with fellows to discuss their job search updates
- Work with fellows and other advisors to ensure good data collection to track progress
- 3+ years of experience in career coaching at an organization or recruiting in the tech space
- While this is a full-time role, some availability on evenings and some weekends may be necessary
- Ability to work with or quickly learn: Google Suite, Slack, Airtable, Salesforce, Notion, Asana, etc
- High administrative acumen with the ability to onboard new a new cohort of fellows every 2 weeks; you are that person who can manage 15 things at once and never miss a deadline - you are a zero-inbox junkie and love to cross things off your daily to-do list)*
- Put our fellows first by having a passion for our mission and working collaboratively to pinpoint fellows issues to help them land their dream job!
- 100% remote work available
- Incentive Based Work; when our fellows get placed - you get rewarded!
- Great health, dental and vision benefits
- Yearly Growth Target Bonuses and Equity
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Professional Development Stipends
- Bi-annual team building off-sites and monthly happy hour events
- growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- grit and passion: we are a small but agile team, everyone has a hand in determining how we grow as a business and as a team. We support one another to reach our dreams of changing how job seekers find employment and we are fiercely passionate about working hard to achieve that!
The total compensation for this role including base salary + potential bonuses, which is: $45-65k plus $10-20k. Remote candidates are welcome to apply*
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.