The payments landscape is changing rapidly with hundreds of ways to accept payments online globally. Given the plethora of innovation in this space, payments has never been more complex for merchants to implement and maintain; similarly, e-commerce has never been more important for merchants globally.
Primer is bringing simplicity to this complex and dynamic landscape. We offer one payment infrastructure for merchants, freeing them to work with multiple providers through our one API. We will be a constant in a world where new payments methods and services are unveiled daily.
- We were set up in January 2020 by ex PayPal founders
- We've grown to a team of 50 people, all working 100% remotely - from the UK, Sweden, France, Romania, South Africa, Singapore, the USA and more!
- We secured our Series A funding round in November 2020, with backing from Accel, Seedcamp, Balderton and Speedinvest
- We love hiring driven people and enabling them to do the best job possible by giving them autonomy in their role and encouraging a culture of collaboration
We're looking for highly skilled software engineers to join our Backend teams, developing our most business critical technology and external APIs - Platform and Connections teams focus on third party connections, workflows functionality, and our merchant facing API.
Our engineering team is product minded, focused on creating a next generation payments infrastructure, offering the best possible developer experience for accepting payments online. We currently use Python and Kubernetes running on AWS, but our tech stacks are subject to change and we hire agnostically.
What you'll be doing
- Designing and implementing highly secure, fault tolerant APIs in our Platform team
- Creating our next generation developer framework and workflows, allowing both merchants and third-parties to integrate as seamlessly as possible in our Connections team
- Working in close collaboration with infrastructure and frontend teams
- Taking ownership of key technology decisions, building for scale and optimising for output
- Conducting code reviews and continuously look at ways of improving the teams' ways of working
- Developing deep payments expertise, always looking for ways to optimise our merchant developer experience
- Creating detailed internal documentation for the projects you work on
- Experience building high performance, distributed systems
- Experience of driving and using modern development practices such as BDD and TDD would be highly advantageous
- Passion for beautiful, well tested code
- In-depth understanding of the entire development process (design, development and deployment)
- Highly motivated self-starter who values autonomy and getting things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Share options offered as part of package
- Machine + peripherals of your choosing
- Up to £500 towards your home office setup
- Fully remote set up
- All expenses paid bi-annual get-togethers
- Learning Budget: Books + other learning resources on us
- Flexible working