As an Associate Software Engineer in the Developer Relations group, you will engage and support a wide range of Magic Leap’s developers and partners in creating experiences for Magic Leap. You will conduct this support online through the developer website portal, onsite “in the field” at those developers’ offices and / or from an office at one of Magic Leap’s locations.
In this role, you will build and share advanced knowledge of the company's current and future technology to enable content developers on the Magic Leap platform. You will also be providing technical and / or design expertise at internal and external workshops. The ideal candidate has experience in interactive real-time immersive (AR / VR / MR) development and/or the games industry.
You must have a strong passion for XR and an innate ability to identify developer needs with the skills and resources to create exemplary spatial computing experiences. You are eager to be on the frontlines, leading the development community into the next revolution in computing
- Replicate developer issues & prototype immersive (AR / VR / MR) solutions for content partners and the larger online developer community
- Document discovered solutions into the company knowledge base to foster a culture of leveling-up the developer community
- Relentlessly advocate for developers’ needs internally to improve our overall platform technology, acting as the voice of the external developer.
- Work hand-in-hand with key stakeholders and Unity team developing the SDK, Unity 3D and associated tools.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality applications
- Build a deep knowledge of the company's technology/products/services so as to articulate how they enable developers.
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts in technology and product design to guide partners’ development efforts.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving our developer resources and working with third-party software solutions to ensure compatibility with the Magic Leap platform.
- Understand the Magic Leap software development platform, including being able to reproduce platform issues and help solve them together with internal support teams.
- Share best practices and improve the team while seeking the same in return
- Immersive (AR / VR / MR) development experience using real-time 3D game engines (Unity and/or UE4) or other mobile AR platform tools (Lens Studio, Spark AR).
- Beginner to intermediate WebXR experience required (A-Frame)
- Excellent problem solving/debugging skills to track down the cause of problems and quickly find solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills working with a range of developer experience levels; the ability to develop strong rapport and credibility both externally with developer partners and internally across the organization, resolve conflicts and promote ideas persuasively
- Able to communicate complex technical issues via email and in-person to small groups of engineers, technical artists/designers, and stakeholders
- Experience in working with JIRA Project Tracking is a plus
- Highly collaborative and able to influence. Should embrace, support and practice a collaborative style which goes beyond team and relationship building. Will achieve results with and through others.
- The inclination to improve one’s skill set through training, personal development, and self-learning
- An understanding or knowledge of key technical concepts unique to XR including 6DOF, localization, locomotion etc.
- Flexibility to work outside your job scope, work as a team and support each other.
- Ability to travel 45%
- Work-experience in related field (technology, interactive entertainment, VR/AR, enterprise application development, AR Lens Development)
- Bachelor's degree is preferred