Magic Leap is seeking an Associate, Project Manager to join the Platform Design team to keep the UX design process on track, from research and design, to prototyping and testing.
This role works collaboratively with Product Managers, UI Designers, UX Designers, Visual Designers, User Researchers, Engineers, and TPMs to understand, plan, track, and deliver the optimal UX design in spatial computing.
- Work with team designers, researchers and prototypers to understand priorities and assist with scheduling this work into sprint plans and execute according to the project plan.
- Facilitate design sprint planning and standups, and understand the status of active projects across the Design, Prototyping and User Research teams. Report on project status regularly to your manager, and broadly across the Department.
- Monitor the progress of the projects and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Maintain project documentation that allows for quick and efficient understanding of resource capacity and project status.
- Organize any necessary meetings, define agendas, send out meeting minutes and follow up on action items.
- Use JIRA to assign and track tasks/issues
- Identify and remove blockers to enable Designers, Prototypers and Researchers to work productively toward project goals.
- Tackle issues when milestones are not met, mitigate against risks before they become issues, track/action against dependencies and be a team lead & champion.
- 1-3 years of hands-on knowledge of Project Management in UX/UI Design. Experience working in AR/MR projects a plus.
- Understanding of UX Design, Prototyping and User Research processes and deliverables.
- Highly effective communication and multi-tasking skills, organizational agility and attention to detail.
- Experience in project management frameworks.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to track daily/weekly deliverables.
- Familiarity with Google Suite, Jira and Figma.
- Planning capabilities against multiple work-streams at the individual resource/day level.
- Ability to prioritize activities, establish realistic timelines/milestones and achieve results while demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
- An eye for visual design and a passion for creating great user experiences
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment.
- BA degree desired (in Design disciplines or similar); PMP Certification a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.