In the words of Inc Magazine “Web Summit is the largest technology conference in the world”. Forbes says Web Summit is “the best tech conference on the planet”, Bloomberg calls it “Davos for geeks”, Politico “the Olympics of tech”, and the Guardian “Glastonbury for geeks”.
Whatever Web Summit is, it wouldn’t be possible without an incredible team of more than 240 employees, including world-class engineers, data scientists, designers, producers, marketers, salespeople and more.
We’ve disrupted an old industry by building incredible software and designing mind-blowing events. We’ve revolutionised how people come together in our world. We started with one event: Web Summit. But now, we’re creating category-defining events all over the world, from Asia to North America.
We’re just getting started.
About the team
We’re looking for an experienced Agile coach to join the company and work with the technical teams in Web Summit.
The engineering team is broken up into smaller cross-functional teams which deliver different business projects; like ad automation, core data APIs, attendee web applications and internal optimisation tools. We also have product, mobile and data teams working alongside engineering.
At Web Summit we believe that the power of data and engineering can be applied to every facet of our events to make the attendee experience excellent, so whatever projects you work on you’ll work closely with our UX engineers, data scientists, engineers and web developers across all our conferences: Web Summit in Lisbon, RISE in KL and Collision in Toronto.
What you’ll achieve at Web Summit:
- You’ll promote and evangelise Agile values across all technical teams within the company.
- You’ll work with internal stakeholders to develop a strategy for Agile adoption.
- You’ll create sessions, workshops and activities to support the teaching of Agile.
- You’ll help teams with identifying metrics and KPIs to help measure the quality of their work.
- You’ll assist product owners in keeping a view on backlog efficiency, promoting decluttering and keeping on track.
- You’ll coach Scrum Masters through observation and valuable feedback sessions.
Who you are:
- You love all things Agile, and understand the impact Agile methodologies can have on internal teams.
- You are a strong supporter of the Scrum ceremonies such as framing meetings, backlog refinement, demo preparation and retrospective formats according to team dynamics.
- You are an advocate for the adoption of Agile.
- You like to observe people and team dynamics, looking to identify and resolve causes of conflict.
- You love to mentor and help team members grow across the business.
- You want to inspire and guide team members to full product ownership.
- You can arm agile teams with the right knowledge, tools and training so that they can use Agile to its full potential.
- You’ll challenge people in their thinking and guide them in building great products for our customers.
- You’ll help the organisation meet its goals on time, by correcting practices and coaching team members.
Skills and abilities we’re looking for:
- Proven track record of mentoring and educating colleagues
- Experience rolling out structured Agile methodologies within a company
- Excellent communication skills required
- Very good knowledge of Scrum
- Great interpersonal skills and teaching abilities
- Capacity to inspire and motivate.
- Continuous learning and up-skilling a big plus
- An Agile coach certificate would be ideal, but not essential
- Technical background not strictly necessary, but very nice to have
At WebSummit, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We want talent from all walks of life to help us on our journey to digitise the conference sector. Hiring decisions are made purely on experience, skills and the needs of the business.